Less Than 3 Acre Conversion

If you are building your home in a wooded area in California, a less than 3 acre conversion must also be filed with the state.  What this means is the forested area in which you are building your home will be converted from Forest to a home property.   The Cal Fire definition is as follows: “Harvesting of trees that is a single conversion to a non-timber growing use of timberland of less than three acres.”